Steel Wheel Farm, a Certified Naturally Grown produce farm nested in the Snoqualmie Valley, is looking for a Farm Apprentice for the 2018 season. This position reports directory to the owner and manager of Steel Wheel Farm and will work closely with many aspects of the farm’s operations including vegetable propagation, greenhouse management, CSA program development and farmers market sales.
Reports to: Assistant Farm manager and owner
Hours: April-November, 40 hours/week.
Pay: Monthly stipend + housing + education/training component
- Seeding and transplanting
- Greenhouse and propagation oversight
- Weeding and irrigation
- Market sales
- CSA harvest and preparation oversight
- Restaurant harvesting and coordination
- Record keeping
- A real desire to learn more about what it takes to farm/be a farmer
- A strong worth ethic and can do attitude
- Able to work in all seasons, from crisp and dewy spring mornings to hot, sunny summer days.
- Love of eating kale is a plus, but not necessary
- Current drivers license
- No “soul searchers” or couples please. We are an active and dynamic farm looking for serious workers to join our awesome team.
- Educational apprenticeship training and program (view the program overview here).
- On-farm housing available
- Paid twice a month (not monthly), direct deposit available
- Daily access to fresh produce
- Access to a beautiful, local farm setting
- Daily crew lunches in a historic barn
- Welcome kit
- Room for growth and continued work the following season
- Seasonal farm crew appreciation dinners
- Other secret perks that will be revealed when you take the job!