- 1 cup black rice
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons coriander
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 5 purple carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 lime, grated for zest and juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pomegranate, seeds
- Prepare rice to package instructions.
- While the rice is cooking, toast sesame seeds and sauté shallots in pan with olive oil, salt and coriander
- Add grated carrots and lime zest to shallots. Cook until al dente.
- Once the rice is complete, mix with carrot and shallot mixture.
- To serve, top with sesame seeds and pomegranate seeds.