The vegetable purgatory of winter is nearly at an end! Which means, super fresh and healthy spring veggies are coming soon!
As we ramp up at the farm this season, we wanted to share some updates about our CSA program, as well as instructions about how to sign up for your veggie box this year.
What to know
As the number of active, small produce farms have increased in the Snoqualmie Valley, organizations like Snoqualmie Valley Food Cooperative (SVFC) have been created to nurture the farms and support our local food ecosystem. While the goals of these organizations vary, SVFC has been dedicated to building a top notch CSA program.
- You get more food diversity (for instance, we can’t grow onions well at Steel Wheel Farm, but our neighboring farms do!) at the same box price
- You will have access to fruit shares and value add options like mushrooms, eggs and dairy products
- You will have more options for CSA box pickup locations (there are already 14+ depots across Seattle and the Eastside)
- You will not have to pay any more , You can support not just one local farm, but the whole local foodshed
- You can still keep enjoy Steel Wheel Farm directly through our markets, on-site farm stand (and don’t forget Pumpkin Days!)
SVFC was initiated and built by the Farmers! This is so we could spend less time on logistics (i.e. the computer work required to set up and manage a CSA program 🙂 and more time growing your food. We are passionate about growing the greatest produce for our community of customers and neighboring farmers, and wholeheartedly support the co-op and it’s CSA program.
How to sign up for this year’s CSA
Here’s a link to SVFC’s sign up page There you will find all the details about delivery dates, locations and prices. Although the program is very similar to what we offered at Steel Wheel Farm, we realize this is still a change to the CSA model that you’re used to. So, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email or call us!
And finally, thank you so much for your support of Steel Wheel Farm over the years, we couldn’t have grown our farm without you!