- 1 romanesco head
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- 2-3 golden beets, sliced thin (1/8-1/4 inch)
- 3 TBSP butter
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Slice the beets and break the romanesco into small (1-inch) size pieces.
- Add veggies, bread crumbs and toss together. Spread out over a baking sheet.
- Bake together at 350-degrees for ~30 minutes, or until “al dente”. Be sure to toss half way though.
- While the veggies are roasting, finely chop the thyme, zest the lemon, and add into mixing bowl with oil, lemon juice, vinegar and sesame seeds. Whisk together.
- Roast hazelnuts in skillet or separate baking sheet until lightly toasted. Set aside until the end.
- Once the veggies are done, plate up and top with dressing, hazelnuts and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix with a pasta (hint: roasted beet pasta should pair nicely!)
- Turn your beets into pasta with a spiralizer and toss with the romanesco.