Our Field Crew work closely with Steel Wheel Farm’s owner and crew leads to support work in the field/greenhouse (harvesting, weeding, planting, seeding), pack station (washing, packing, organizing), market and on-site farm stand. This position is a great fit for those looking to get their hands in the dirt and participate in local agricultural production.
Reports to: Farm Crew leads
- Carrying out tasks organized by crew leads including: green house & field seeding, transplanting, hand weeding, setting up irrigation, trellising, harvesting, washing and packing produce.
- General animal care including feeding, watering, collecting eggs and moving portable fences as needed.
- Assist with Farmers Market and restaurant sales
- Assist with on-site farm stand management
- May be asked to operate and on-farm vehicles
- Interest in farming
- Ability to start and finish tasks daily
- Focused time management skills
- Calm and positive, can-do attitude
- Able to lift 40lbs, enjoys physical labor
- Able work as a team with other employees, as well as independently
- Working cell phone
- Paid two times a month
- Daily access to fresh produce
- The best work setting and environment
- Crew lunches in the barn
- Room for growth and continued responsibilities
- Farm appreciation dinners