- 1 cup ancient grain (try Bob’s Red Mill farro, barley, kamut or quinoa)
- 1 cup heirloom tomatoes, cut into rough, bite-sized cubes
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 cup drained & rinsed chickpeas
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt & cracked black pepper
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 fresh chopped basil or mint
- Prepare your grain base according to the package directions. Chill in fridge until ready to serve.
- Cope and prepare vegetables. Add into large mixing bowl.
- Blend/whisk vinegar, mustard, oil, shallots, salt and pepper together.
- Lightly toss dressing, veggies, chilled grain and feta together.