- 1 lb fava beans in their pods
- Lemon juice
- Loaf of ciabatta bread
- 1 cup grated pecorino cheese
- 2-3 TBSP olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs such as mint, tarragon or basil
- Start off by shelling the pods and collecting the beans in a bowl. Save some whole beans to mix in or garnish at the end.
- Blend the rest of the beans, oil, lemon juice and garlic together in food processor until smooth.
- Blend in pecorino cheese, herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in the beans you set aside whole beans.
- Meanwhile, grill ciabatta bread slices.
- Once toasted, top toasted bread with fava bean spread and serve as an appetizer or side dish!