- 8 pattypan squash (or 1-2 squash per person depending on size)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 8 large eggs (or 1 per squash, depending on your final number above)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cut tops (stem ends) off squash and scoop out the seeds in the middle, leaving a shell at least 1/4 in. thick.
- Brush squash with olive oil.
- Heat oil in pan, add onio, salt and garlic and sauté until browned. Add thyme and stir until combined.
- Divide onion mixture evenly among the squash.
- Crack 1 egg into each squash, lifting out any white that doesn’t fit.
- Sprinkle eggs with remaining salt.
- Bake until eggs are set, 15 to 20 minutes.