- 1 lb snap peas, washed and destemmed
- 1/4 olive oil
- 1-2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1-3 TBSP white balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 TSBP each fresh chopped thyme and basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shred peas with thinnest blade on cuisinart. Dump into large salad bowl
- To make the dressing, blend the rest of the ingredients together. Make sure it’s not too runny before pouring over the peas. If it is, add more oil or honey to thicken
- Toss together and voila! This really is one of the easiest salads we make!
- 1 large cantaloupe, peeled, halved, and seeded, cut into 1⁄2-inch-thick slices
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup basil, minced
- 1/4 fresh lime juice
- 2 TBSP honey
- Salt to taste
- Heat honey, lime juice over low heat until honey is dissolved. Mix in minced basil. Reduce until you get a thick, syrupy consistency
- Build a :
- medium-heat fire in a charcoal grill
- or, heat a gas grill to medium
- or heat a cast-iron grill pan over medium.
- Toss cantaloupe with oil and grill, turning once, until charred all over, 10–12 minutes
- Transfer to a serving platter and drizzle with syrup.
- Grab napkins (you’ll need them!) and eat!
- 1 bunch red basil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 TSBP sesame oil
- 2 TSBP olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1.5 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 TBSP agave syrup
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 TBSP lime juice (+ zest if using fresh)
- 1 package soba noodles (prepare per package)
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cabbage thinly shredded
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced (optional)
- Tofu (optional)
- Put pesto ingredients into Cuisinart or blender and whir together until smooth.
- Cook noodles per the package. Rinse with cold water and store in fridge until ready to serve.
- Prepare salad vegetables. Mix with noodles and toss with dressing
- Top with tofu and sesame seeds.
- 1 cup ancient grain (try Bob’s Red Mill farro, barley, kamut or quinoa)
- 1 cup heirloom tomatoes, cut into rough, bite-sized cubes
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 cup drained & rinsed chickpeas
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt & cracked black pepper
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 fresh chopped basil or mint
- Prepare your grain base according to the package directions. Chill in fridge until ready to serve.
- Cope and prepare vegetables. Add into large mixing bowl.
- Blend/whisk vinegar, mustard, oil, shallots, salt and pepper together.
- Lightly toss dressing, veggies, chilled grain and feta together.
- 1 head red oak leaf lettuce, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 2 cups Fresh basil leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup blueberries, washed
- ¼ to ½ cup pepitas or sunflower seeds
- 2 TBSP white balsamic vinegar
- 4 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. honey
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- (Optional) 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare lettuce, basil, cucumber and blueberries. Add into large salad bowl
- Lightly toast seeds
- Whisk dressing ingredients together with whisky or immersion blender.
- Top salad with dressing and seeds and enjoy!