- 1 large cantaloupe, peeled, halved, and seeded, cut into 1⁄2-inch-thick slices
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup basil, minced
- 1/4 fresh lime juice
- 2 TBSP honey
- Salt to taste
- Heat honey, lime juice over low heat until honey is dissolved. Mix in minced basil. Reduce until you get a thick, syrupy consistency
- Build a :
- medium-heat fire in a charcoal grill
- or, heat a gas grill to medium
- or heat a cast-iron grill pan over medium.
- Toss cantaloupe with oil and grill, turning once, until charred all over, 10–12 minutes
- Transfer to a serving platter and drizzle with syrup.
- Grab napkins (you’ll need them!) and eat!