Recipe of the week, June 19:
Shaved Fennel, Cucumber and Orange Dill Salad
- 1 medium bulb of fennel, shaved (about 3/4 cup)
- Sliced cucumbers
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/3 cup julienne sliced sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 1 large orange, peeled and segmented, and pulp squeezed of its juice
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Take the fennel bulb and cut it in half lengthwise. Place on a mandolin and carefully slice the bulb into thin slices or shavings. Adjust the thickness to make it as thin as possible. This may also be done using a chef’s knife. Slice thinly until about 3/4 cup is reached. Add to a mixing bowl.
- Add in the sliced cucumbers, chopped dill and julienne sliced sun dried tomatoes.
- Top with the orange segments and squeeze the remaining pulp from segmenting into the bowl over the vegetables.
- Add in salt and pepper to taste, along with about 1 to 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- Toss the ingredients together and enjoy!
Recipe from http://suite101.com/renee-shelton