- 2-3 medium zucchini, shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1 heirloom tomato, diced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup flour (or coconut flour if you’re looking for a GF option)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 shredded parmesan cheese
- Shred the zucchini using a box grater, food processor or juicer. If you use the grater or food processor, you will need to squeeze out all the moisture from the zucchini before you add the rest of the ingredients. If you use a juicer (as I did when making these the other night) you can skip the moisture-draining step. Note: when using the food processor, the zucchini will have more of a potato texture than a shredded texture. Both options work great!
- Sprinkle with the salt and toss well. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add flour, egg and pepper. Stir to combine. Once mixed gently fold in tomato and cheese.
- Heat a large skillet (or griddle if you’re looking for a less greasy option) on medium-low heat.
- Pack a 1/4 cup measuring cup with the fritter mixture, pressing it down inside the cup. Turn the cup out onto the pan and flatten the zucchini until you get a patty.
- Cook on each side for 3-5 minutes or until nicely browned.