- 1 lb Carrots
- 1 cup turnip tops (we cut off about ¾ of the tops off our bunch this week)
- 3 Tbsp T Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup Garbanzo Beans
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Use a potato peeler or food processor (using the shredding disk) to shred the carrots into long, thin strips.
- In food processor, combine turnip tops, garlic and garbanzo beans and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add to bowl with carrots.
- To make the dressing, whisk the red wine vinegar, olive oil, sugar salt and pepper together.
- If your oil and vinegar are separating, add a small clump of the garbanzo mixture to the dressing. The added bulk will help to properly emulsify your dressing.
- Top with almonds