- Red kuri squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 large tomato (or equivalent), cubed
- 1 sweet onion
- Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 ancho peppers, cubed
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt ground cinnamon, a good pinch
- Mizuna, rinsed
- Cotija cheese (optional)
- 8 -12 corn tortillas, warmed
- To prepare the squash: Cut in half and scoop out seeds. Next, cut into melon-style wedges. Once a more manageable size, use a potato peeler or paring knife, peel away the skin. Once cleaned, chop into cubes and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake at 400-degrees for 10-15 minutes until al dente.
- To prepare the rest of the taco filling: Cube or dice the pepper and onion. Sauté in pan with herbs and oil. Once done, mix with finished squash.
- To prepare tacos: Warm up taco shells. Fill with squash and pepper mix. Top with cheese, tomatoes and mizuna!