- 1-2 large summer squash, sliced and quartered, or chopped if preferred
- 2 scallions, white and green parts chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large pot, sauté squash, garlic and onion in the butter until the onion is tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Season with pepper to taste, then add dill, stock and lemon juice.
- Cover and bring to a simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes until the squash is tender
- Remove from heat and add the milk or cream.
- Purée with immersion blender.
- Garnish with scallions and parmesan cheese.