- 1 bunch carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 garlic clove
- 3 TBSP pine nuts, walnuts or pecans
- 2 cups carrot tops
- 1/2 cup (packed) fresh parsley or basil leaves
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Prepare the pesto:
- Pulse garlic, nuts until coarse paste forms.
- Add parsley (or basil), cheese and carrot tops until until blended.
- Add olive oil and pulse until combined and a good “pesto” consistency.
Prepare the carrots:
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Trim carrot tops, leaving some stem attached.
- Measure out 2 cups carrot tops and set aside
- Toss carrots and oil on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper.
- Roast, tossing occasionally, 25–35 minutes.
- Coat with pesto and serve!