- 1 red kuri squash
- Sea salt
- 2 cups Basmati rice (white or brown)
- 3 TBSP coconut oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch green kale, sliced thin
- 2 TBSP toasted coconut flakes
- 2 to 4 lime wedges
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Heat over to 375.
- Cut squash into “melon” slices (1-inch thick) and layout on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and paprika.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, flipping halfway through, until soft.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice to package instructions.
- Heat oil in pan and sauté shallots. Add kale and cook until soft.
- (Optional) Lightly toast coconut and hazelnuts while squash is roasting.
- To serve, add rice in large bowl. First top with kale/shallots, then squash and sprinkle with hazelnut/coconut garnish and cranberries.