- 1 red kuri squash
- Sea salt
- 2 cups Basmati rice (white or brown)
- 3 TBSP coconut oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch green kale, sliced thin
- 2 TBSP toasted coconut flakes
- 2 to 4 lime wedges
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Heat over to 375.
- Cut squash into “melon” slices (1-inch thick) and layout on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and paprika.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, flipping halfway through, until soft.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice to package instructions.
- Heat oil in pan and sauté shallots. Add kale and cook until soft.
- (Optional) Lightly toast coconut and hazelnuts while squash is roasting.
- To serve, add rice in large bowl. First top with kale/shallots, then squash and sprinkle with hazelnut/coconut garnish and cranberries.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch tuscan kale, cut into 1/2 strips
- Fava beans, shelled
- 1 onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 TBSP tomato paste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley (save some for topping at the end)
- 5 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 qt water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb Italian sausage (optional)
- Heat oil over medium heat in large pot. Add onions, carrots and salt. Sauté until tender, about 5-8 minutes depending on how finely you’ve chopped them.
- Add garlic and tomatoes and return to fragrant simmer.
- Add water + broth, tomato paste, parsley. Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes.
- (Optional) For added protein, sauté Italian sausage in skillet while water is heating. Add to soup during last few minutes.
- Add kale and fava beans, then simmer 5-10 minutes more until al dente.
- Serve and top with grated parmesan and fresh parsley.
- 4 eggs (2 eggs per omelette)
- 3 tbsp butter, separated
- 3 garlic scapes, tough ends and flowers discarded, then halved lengthwise and sliced into 1/2″ pieces
- Kale leaves, washed and sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/ 2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Chive blossoms, crumbled and used to top
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic scapes.
- Cook for a few minutes, remove 1 tbsp for garnish, then add kale, salt, and pepper.
- Toss, and cook until kale is wilted. Remove from pan and wipe skillet clean.
- Whisk eggs and pour into skillet. When eggs are just about cooked through, layer garlic scape mixture and cheese over half the omelet, then fold over.
- Allow cheese to melt for about a minute, then remove from pan. Garnish with reserved garlic scapes and chive blossoms.
- 1 bunch of kale (Green or red curly, red russian, tuscan…whichever variety you have in your fridge will do for this recipe!)
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- Olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
- 2-4 baby summer squash, sliced into coins
- 1 package fresh beet pasta
- Parmesan cheese
- Start by preparing your pasta (you’ll want to have this ready to go as soon as your kale is finished!)
- To prepare kale: rinse leaves, destuff and rough chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Sauté garlic in deep pan with olive oil until it starts to brown.
- Add kale, squash, salt and pepper. Sauté for 3-5 minutes or until coated and soft.
- Top with parmesan cheese curls and enjoy!