- 4 eggs (2 eggs per omelette)
- 3 tbsp butter, separated
- 3 garlic scapes, tough ends and flowers discarded, then halved lengthwise and sliced into 1/2″ pieces
- Kale leaves, washed and sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/ 2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Chive blossoms, crumbled and used to top
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic scapes.
- Cook for a few minutes, remove 1 tbsp for garnish, then add kale, salt, and pepper.
- Toss, and cook until kale is wilted. Remove from pan and wipe skillet clean.
- Whisk eggs and pour into skillet. When eggs are just about cooked through, layer garlic scape mixture and cheese over half the omelet, then fold over.
- Allow cheese to melt for about a minute, then remove from pan. Garnish with reserved garlic scapes and chive blossoms.