Note: You can use any root vegetables for this recipe—beets, carrots, radishes, turnips, etc. The photo above features purple daikon radishes and chioggia beets)
- 3-1/2 lb. roots (Ex. Purple-top turnips, Purple Daikon Radishes, Chioggia Beets, etc.)
- 3 TBSP oil
- 2 TBSP butter
- 3 TBSP maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 TBSP chopped fresh cilantro (or a mix of parsley and mint)
- Preheat over to 450 degrees
- Peeled and cut your root veggies into 3/4-inch cubes or wedges
- Toss in olive oil, spread out on a baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes (make sure to give them a toss at the halfway point)
- Mix butter, maple syrup, vanilla, red pepper, coriander, cardamon and lemon juice in pan. Heat up and reduce slightly until the mixture begins to resemble a glaze.
- Add roots and coat in glaze.
- Once the glaze is fully absorbed and coated on the veggies, toss in the cilantro and serve!