- Spaghetti squash, halved length wise
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- ⅛ cup pistachios
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Red peppers (feel free to char under the broiler before hand for extra flavor!)
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Step 1 (the squash)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Scrape out/discard seeds from squash
- Drizzle inside with oil, salt and pepper.
- Place cut-side down on a baking sheet and roast 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Step 2 (the sauce)
- Sauté onions, peppers and garlic in large sauce pot until starting to brown (about 2 min). Add salt and pepper.
- Reduce to heat and cook 8 more minutes, or until onions caramelize, stirring occasionally.
- Add butter. When melted add tomatoes.
- Add milk and bring to an active simmer. Simmer 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Blend with immersion blender to make “alfredo” sauce. If too runny, allow sauce to reduce before serving. If too thick, add more liquid.
- Step 3 (combine)
- Once squash is done, allow to cool until you can hold. Separate squash strands from peel with a fork. (Pro tip: We like to leave the squash in the shell and serve all together for a festive presentation!)
- Top with sauce, freshly grated parmesan and pistachios!