Be adventurous and try this new veggie with one of the recipes below!
1. BAKED PARMESAN KOHLRABI
2. ROASTED KOHLRABI WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR
3. KOHLRABI & APPLE COLESLAW
BAKED PARMESAN KOHLRABI
- 4 kohlrabi bulbs, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Cut the kohlrabi into 1/4 inch thick slices, then cut each of the slices in half. Combine olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Toss kohlrabi slices in the olive oil mixture to coat. Spread kohlrabi in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned, 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally in order to brown evenly. Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Return to the oven to allow the Parmesan cheese to brown, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
ROASTED KOHLRABI WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- 1 1/2 lbs. kohlrabi, trimmed, peeled, and diced
- 1 T. garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt, or to taste
- 1 T. balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the kohlrabi with olive oil, garlic and salt. Spread evenly on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast in the oven for 30-45 minutes, stirring every five minutes after about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and serve immediately.
KOHLRABI & APPLE COLESLAW
- ¼-1/2 cup sugar (depending on how sweet you like your slaw dressing)
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/3 c. vinegar (I recommend cider vinegar)
- 1 c. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. poppyseeds
- 1 pound fresh kohlrabi, trimmed, peeled, grated
- 2 apples, peeled, grated or cut into batons (try to keep equivalent volumes of kohlrabi:apple)
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
Mix dressing ingredients together and then mix with prepared produce.