Submitted by CSA Members Aerin & Craig!
Here are two recipes we made from this week’s produce box. Delicious!
- Chop up the kale into one inch, four to five inch long slivers, toss with olive oil and salt and bake for 10 minutes (or until crispy) at 350 degrees.
- You can eat this plain or with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese or some kind of seasoning like spike or gomasio (sesame salt). Delicious!
- One of vegetables used to make fake French fries is Kohlrabi. This vegetable looks similar to a turnip when it comes to size.
- It also has more water content than potatoes so be sure to drain the slices on paper towels prior to frying.
- Slice the Kohlrabi like you would cut potatoes forFrench fries.
- Heat some oil in the frying pan and gently immerse the Kohlrabi slices into the oil.
- Fry until the slices brown or resemble real fries.
- Drain to get rid of excess oil.
- Sprinkle salt and serve them to the family.
- Kohlrabi fake French fries are not as crisp as real fries but they taste similar to real fries. The fries should be served warm.