Check out this recipe from HFO members Aerin and Craig!
You can view the complete recipe online at: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/234436
Roasted Fennel and Carrots with Pecorino
- 4 fennel bulbs (about 3 1/2 pounds) cut horizontally into 1/3-inch-thick slices, plus 2 teaspoons chopped fronds
- 2 large carrots, peeled, cut diagonally into 1/3-inch-thick slices
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino cheese
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly oil 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Layer sliced fennel and carrots in dish, sprinkling layers with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with thyme, then cheese. Drizzle with oil. Bake until vegetables are tender and top is golden brown, about 1 1/4 hours. Sprinkle with fronds.