Check out this recipe from HFO fans Alicia and Caleb!
You can view the complete recipe online at Epicurous
Shaved Summer Squash Salad
- 3 tablespoons whole almonds
- 1 pound summer squash (a mix of green and yellow)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 minced garlic clove
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Baby arugula
- Pecorino cheese
Roast almonds and coarsely crush. Meanwhile, trim the ends off summer squash. Using a vegetable peeler, thinly slice the squash lengthwise into strips and transfer to a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together extra-virgin olive oil, fresh lemon juice, minced garlic clove, and kosher salt to taste. Pour dressing over squash. Let stand for a few minutes, then add a few handfuls of baby arugula. Shave a little Pecorino over the squash and toss. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Garnish with the crushed almonds.