Recipe of the week, July 23:
Chilled Dill Rainbow Carrot Salad
- 2 cups rainbow carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red onions or shallots, diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2-3 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil rainbow carrots until tender yet crisp, about two minutes. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- Combine carrots and onions. Mix remaining ingredients in small bowl until well blended.
- Pour over carrot mixture and toss well.
- Refrigerate at least three hours to blend flavors. Makes four servings.