Recipe of the week, July 9:
Stuffed Patty Pan Squash (aka UFO squash, aka Summer Squash)
- Patty Pan squash
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 Shallots, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 raisins (or more if you want!)
- 1/4 pine nuts
- fresh oregano, chopped
- Cut a small amount off the shorter side of the squash to give your squash a good base.
- Cut the top off of the other side and scoop out the sides and the middle, leaving about 1/4 of the flesh. Roast in oven or on a BBQ.
- Bring 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups chicken stock to a boil and then turn to low heat. Cook with a lid on for 20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- While the quinoa is cooking, saute the shallots, garlic, raisins and pine nuts in a pan until golden brown and set aside.
- Once quinoa is done, mix in the sautéed ingredients. Add fresh oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff your squash with the quinoa mixture and enjoy!