- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 cherry bomb or serrano chiles, chopped*
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups fresh roasted pumpkin
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon honey
- juice of one lime
- salt to taste
- pomegranate seeds
- Feta or Cotija cheese
- Cilantro Pepita Pesto (Blend together 1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds, 1 cup loosely packed cilantro, 1 clove garlic, 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons lime juice 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, and salt to taste)
- Heat a large soup pot or dutch oven over medium-low heat.
- Add the olive oil and let heat.
- Add onions and celery and cook, stirring occasionally for about ten minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Add chiles, garlic and spices and sauté for a minute more
- Add roasted pumpkin, stock, and honey. Turn up heat, stir, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let soup simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes.
- Puree soup in batches in a blender or in the pot using an immersion blender.
- Garnish with Cilantro Pesto, pomegranate seeds, and crumbled cheese.
Reblogged this on Heba vs Reason.