- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1 large celeriac
- 5-7 fingerling potatoes
- (Optional: Chop up your turnips and add them to the mix!)
- Herb of your choice (we recommend thyme!)
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Remove the skin from the celeriac with a small knife or vegetable peeler.
- Cut the celeriac and potatoes into coins or “fry” shape.
- Combine the oil, honey and thyme in a small saucepan and melt over a low heat.
- Toss veggies in oil mixture and salt.
- Bake until browned, 25-35 minutes.
- 1 large cantaloupe, peeled, halved, and seeded, cut into 1⁄2-inch-thick slices
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup basil, minced
- 1/4 fresh lime juice
- 2 TBSP honey
- Salt to taste
- Heat honey, lime juice over low heat until honey is dissolved. Mix in minced basil. Reduce until you get a thick, syrupy consistency
- Build a :
- medium-heat fire in a charcoal grill
- or, heat a gas grill to medium
- or heat a cast-iron grill pan over medium.
- Toss cantaloupe with oil and grill, turning once, until charred all over, 10–12 minutes
- Transfer to a serving platter and drizzle with syrup.
- Grab napkins (you’ll need them!) and eat!
- 1 cup watermelon
- 1 cup diced cucumbers
- 1 cup diced peppers (any combo!)
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 TSSP lime juice
- ⅓ cup chopped parsley
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional (use a jalapeño to add some heat!)
- Scoop out and dice up the innards from one half of your melon. Save the shell to make “bowl” with which you can serve your salsa!
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a pyrex dish
- Blend lime juice, oil, parsley together to make dressing.
- Toss everything together and then serve in the watermelon shell!
- 1 bunch red basil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 TSBP sesame oil
- 2 TSBP olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1.5 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 TBSP agave syrup
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 TBSP lime juice (+ zest if using fresh)
- 1 package soba noodles (prepare per package)
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cabbage thinly shredded
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced (optional)
- Tofu (optional)
- Put pesto ingredients into Cuisinart or blender and whir together until smooth.
- Cook noodles per the package. Rinse with cold water and store in fridge until ready to serve.
- Prepare salad vegetables. Mix with noodles and toss with dressing
- Top with tofu and sesame seeds.
- 1 cup ancient grain (try Bob’s Red Mill farro, barley, kamut or quinoa)
- 1 cup heirloom tomatoes, cut into rough, bite-sized cubes
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 cup drained & rinsed chickpeas
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt & cracked black pepper
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 fresh chopped basil or mint
- Prepare your grain base according to the package directions. Chill in fridge until ready to serve.
- Cope and prepare vegetables. Add into large mixing bowl.
- Blend/whisk vinegar, mustard, oil, shallots, salt and pepper together.
- Lightly toss dressing, veggies, chilled grain and feta together.