Parsnip Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 2/3 cup Whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teas cinnamon
- 1 teas baking powder
- 1 teas baking soda
- 1/2 teas salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup canola oil or apple sauce
- 2 cups grated parsnips (can use carrots too)
- 1 cup apple grated
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Heat oven 350. Grease 9-by-13 cake pan.
- Whisk dry ingredients.
- Combine eggs, oil, parsnips, and apples in a second bowl. Stir the wet into the dry until barely combined. add nuts.
- Bake for 25 – 30 min until middle is cooked.
- Let cool and add the lemon frosting. Then Eat